This was the first recipe I used from a kid’s cooking camp I ran last summer. It was fun, and the kids really enjoyed them, and they’re honestly quite good!
French Toast Kabobs
Write a review
- 8 slices French bread (about 1 inch thick)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat broiler. Generously grease rack of broiler pan. Soak four 12-inch wooden skewers in water while preparing bread.
- Cut bread slices in half. Beat milk, eggs, granulated sugar, vanilla, and salt in shallow dish until well blended. Place bread slices in egg mixture. Let stand 5 minutes, turning to soak all sides.
- Thread 4 bread pieces onto each prepared skewer. Place on prepared broiler pan rack. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn skewers; broil 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
Tactile Mom http://www.tactilemom.com/