Our family LOVES sugar cookies! And for the longest time, I have been searching for an awesome, soft sugar cookie recipe and I have finally found it! My family has made these super soft sugar cookies a lot in the last little while, because we absolutely just devour them and need some more! I would also recommend this Granny B’s Pink Frosting recipe to frost and decorate them with!
These cookies are in my opinion, perfect!! I hope you enjoy them as much as my family has!
Super Soft Sugar Cookies
An amazingly super soft, and delicious, sugar cookie!
- 1 C. Butter softened
- 1 C. Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 t. Almond Extract
- 1/3 C. Sour Cream
- 3 C. Flour
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1 1/2 t. Baking Powder
- Cream butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, almond extract, and sour cream to the butter and sugar mixture, and mix until smooth, scraping the sides once.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking powder, to the wet ingredients and mix in until just combined.
- Place the dough between 2 sheets of wax or parchment paper and roll out to a thickness of no less than 3/8" in.
- Refrigerate the dough, still in the wax or parchment paper, for 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and cut out desired shapes with cookie cutters.
- Place cookies 1" in. apart on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Place cookies on a wire rack to cool for 3-5 minutes and then place cookies in an airtight container to cool completely, with a piece of parchment paper between layers.
IMPORTANT: Do NOT let the cookies start to brown. You will want to pull them out so that they almost seem underdone, and once cooled this will help ensure your cookies stay super soft! Adapted from The Kitchen McCabe
Pingback: Granny B's Pink Frosting - Tactile Mom