Our family LOVES sugar cookies! And for the longest time, I have been searching for an awesome, soft sugar cookie recipe and I have finally found it! My family has made these super soft sugar cookies a lot in the last little while, because we absolutely just devour them and need some more! I would also recommend this Granny B’s Pink Frosting recipe to frost and decorate them with!
These cookies are in my opinion, perfect!! I hope you enjoy them as much as my family has!
Super Soft Sugar Cookies
- 1 C. Butter softened
- 1 C. Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 t. Almond Extract
- 1/3 C. Sour Cream
- 3 C. Flour
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1 1/2 t. Baking Powder
- Cream butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, almond extract, and sour cream to the butter and sugar mixture, and mix until smooth, scraping the sides once.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking powder, to the wet ingredients and mix in until just combined.
- Place the dough between 2 sheets of wax or parchment paper and roll out to a thickness of no less than 3/8" in.
- Refrigerate the dough, still in the wax or parchment paper, for 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and cut out desired shapes with cookie cutters.
- Place cookies 1" in. apart on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Place cookies on a wire rack to cool for 3-5 minutes and then place cookies in an airtight container to cool completely, with a piece of parchment paper between layers.