We eat a lot of soup at our house, and this recipe is one I received from a friend and have absolutely loved. (Thanks Lindsey!) Its great for those days when its really cold outside, and is simply quite delicious!
White Bean Chicken Chili
- 1 10 oz. can white chicken smashed
- 1/2 c. onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 2 cans white beans
- 2 14.5 oz. cans chicken broth
- 1 c. dry elbow macaroni
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. whipping cream
- In a large pot saute chicken, onion, and garlic in oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add all other ingredients, expect sour cream and whipping cream.
- Bring ingredients to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in sour cream first followed by whipping cream.
- Serve and enjoy!
Important: Make sure the sour cream is put in prior to the whipping cream to keep the whipping cream from curdling. Adapted from Lindsey Holmes